Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fourth of July 2009

Waiting for the fireworks
Caraline with her ears covered


The gang's all here!

Lana, Lydia & Caraline: cousins



The Furgason's






The girls with Nana & Papaw





The girls with Scott, Mimi & Papa




The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays! It is a tradition for Scott & I to go to the Edmond Liberty Fest parade. Scott & I met on July 4th 1998 & were engaged July 4th 1999.

I love a parade & fireworks & sun & swimming & watergun fights!

This year Scott's parents came to the parade from Woodward, my parents came as always & Tori, Russ & Lana. Also keeping with tradition, we sat by the BSU & met Day, Jenifer, Abi & John Zimbelman. (Day was Scott's roommate that year we met)

This was the first year we decided to take the girls to see the fireworks. We went to the park that was across the street from our old duplex, the same park that Scott proposed to me. The girls were SO excited! They got to play on the swings while we waited for the fireworks to start. At first, the fireworks were small, to get everyone's attention, but then they got bigger & LOUDER!

Lydia thought that the fireworks were too close & decided to watch them from the car. (Another little girl I knew, a LONG time ago, decided that watching fireworks from the car was better since the sound wasn't so loud...I think her name was KATY!)

Caraline was ok with watching them outside, but preferred Scott to cover her ears with his hands!

Overall, the girls liked the fireworks and were asleep before we got home!:)

What a fun day!

"He sends peace across your nation & satisfies you with plenty of the finest wheat."
Psalm 147:14