Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy birthday, Sadie Laine Furgason!

Today, I became an aunt! (again)

My sister, Tori, went in today to be induced at 7:30am. We thought things would be slow & mom planned on coming up in the afternoon, dad was working until 2 or 3 & Scott wasn't coming home to watch the girls until 1pm.

God & Sadie had other plans!!

Mom rushed up to my house early, about 11:30 & Russ called about 11:50 & said they were fully dialated & were going to push soon! I had to call Scott to tell him to come home early so mom & I could get to the hospital before it was too late!

As mom & I FINALLY found a parking place, Russ called again to ask where we were. I told him we were RUNNING in the building at that moment!

By the time we got to her room, mom walked in & they were puching. The nurses paiged the dr three times!! SHe finally rushed in (from lunch, I guess) at 1pm...& at 1:09pm, Sadie was crying!

Sadie wanted to nurse right away. So Tori nursed her at minutes old.

Sadie weighed 8lbs, 8oz, 20 1/4 inches long. She had some blood sugar issues because of her size. But the nurses weren't all that concerned, they could handle it. Sadie needed to nurse to keep her blood sugar up.

Tori was so giddy & happy!!
Lana was so excited she was beside herself!!

Lydia & Caraline are going to see baby Sadie tomorrow. They are ready to see her!! Caraline kept saying, "Baby Hadie out Toto's tummy!"

I will post pictures of the girls & Sadie & family with Sadie!