
Lydia is SO funny!! She is growing up SO fast!! She knows ALL her letters & sounds & I've been working with her on reading three letter words & simple sentences.
Now she has really taken off with it! Last night, she came in the living & said, "Mom, I think I can read some of the words in this book." I said "Ok, let's see." It was a first grade book with simple sentences & she tried & got a lot of the words right!! I was VERY impressed!
Then the next day at church, she wrote a card to baby Jesus. She wrote " i lib ppl" She said "Mom, look at what I wrote in that card." I looked at it & I said "Does it say 'I like purple'?" "Yep!" She said! She was SO proud of herself!! (Since I taught first grade for 6 years, I've become an expert at reading inventive spelling!)
Lydia KNOWS the real meaning of Christmas! We were reading a story about Christmas & Santa one night. It was about a family named "Kringle" and it said "The Kringle family loved Chistmas so much that they named their son after you-know-who."
Lydia looked puzzled & asked "They named him 'Jesus'?!" I was rolling!!