Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lydia's 8th birthday: SPY party!

WOW!!  It's been a LONG time since I've posted on this blog! 

I wanted to post all about Lydia's 8th birthday party: SPY party. Once she watched "Spy Kids" in July,  she started planning a spy birthday party.  4 months of planning for this party at our house & some amazing pinterest ideas, we came up with a super unique party! :)

We sent out invitations that said to RSVP for the password to Headquarters.  I had a few parents who really played along with it!  Really cute & fun! The password was "spies rock".

We decided to go more of a "spy training" theme.  So as the kids came to the door, we asked them to say the password.  Then we had a code they had to break while we waited for everyone to arrive. 

Then the training exercises were "Disguises 101", "Evidence Destroying", "Memory training", "Fingerprinting", & "Bomb squad"

"Code Breaking"- I had made up a code & 2 sentences that they had to use the code to break. 

"Disguises 101"- a game with 2 teams, a bag of articles of clothing for each team (jacket, hat, scarf, gloves) & they had a relay to see who could put all the clothing on the fastest.

"Evidence Destroying"-eating birthday donuts & fruit & the juice boxes had little mustaches on the straws.

(open gifts)

"Memory Training"- take a cookie sheet of small items & let the kids look at it.  Have them close their eyes & take one thing away.  See who can guess what is missing.

"Fingerprinting"- fingerprint art.  I got a few fingerprint art books from the library & the kids had a great time making pictures out of their fingerprints.

Presented the certificate of spy training with goodie bag (including a mustache, flashlight, notebooks, smarties & magnifying glass.)

"Bomb Squad"- I had black balloons (hidden in back bedroom until the last of the party) & everyone held a balloon & on the count of three, they were to jump on it & pop it!  Really cool!








Lydia had the BEST time ever!!