We have a Little People Nativity set. The girls love it!! One night Lydia said to me, "Mom, you be the manger, I'll be Mary, and, Dad, you be Joseph! Who's going to be the angel?" Lydia asked. I said, "Well, I can't be the manger, so I'll be the angel and Caraline can be a wise man."
So Lydia took one of her baby dolls as Baby Jesus, and put him in the compartment in her step stool. She kissed baby Jesus, made "Joseph" hold him. It was the sweetest thing.
When we go look at Christmas lights, she is more concerned with the Nativity in people's yards then Santa.
Sometimes when she plays with the Nativity scene, she will say, "The angel of the Lord is bothering Mary!" She likes to pretend she is Mary. One time, as Mary, she said "My tummy hurts, I need to go to Bethlehem!"
Lydia knows the whole story of Jesus' birth, from when the angel appeared to Mary, to the trip to Bethlehem, to the birth, star, the angels appearing to the shepards, to the wisemen.
I love that God has put his TRUTH in her heart! I pray it stays with us all year long!
You can find the Christmas story in the Bible in Luke 2.
Jesus is the reason for the season!
Merry Christmas!
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11