Wow, do I feel old!!! Yes, today is my 32nd birthday!
I have had a GREAT 32 years of life!
I grew up in a small town called Perry. My mom is a teacher and my dad is a "jack of all trades" out at Ditch Witch. I have a sister, Tori, who is 4 years younger than me. I grew up in a wonderful Christian home and had a great church home as well.
I grew up in a small town called Perry. My mom is a teacher and my dad is a "jack of all trades" out at Ditch Witch. I have a sister, Tori, who is 4 years younger than me. I grew up in a wonderful Christian home and had a great church home as well.
I graduated from Perry High School in 1994 and went to the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond. I graduated with a B.S. in early childhood from UCO in Dec. 1998.
I got my first teaching job at age 23 teaching Kindergarten in Mustang.
Scott and I got married in June 2000 at the age of 24 & 29. (Scott's b-day is a week and 5 years after mine!)
I taught first grade at Bryant Elementary for almost 7 years. (ages 24-30)
I was 28 when Lydia Claire was born on November 3, 2004 & I was almost 31 when Caraline Grace was born January 8, 2007.
Today, Scott's birthday gift to me was the "day off". He stayed home with the girls today so I could go and do WHATEVER I wanted!!
I first, I had NO IDEAS what to do!! (If I had a few days, I would have gone to see my best friend, Jenn, since she had a baby 4 weeks ago in Iowa, but it would have been a 10 hour drive.)
But I soon had a schedule! First, I went to Barnes and Noble and looked at books. (mostly children's books & I almost bought the girls some books, but I thought, "No, this is MY day, I'll buy something for myself!")
Then I met Becky, Shelley, & Erica, some teacher friends, for lunch at our favorite lunch spot, Mazzios! (Kathy was home with a bad knee! I miss her!) The girls bought me lunch for my birthday!! They are the BEST!!
Then I went to Books-A-Million, then to get a much needed haircut. Then on to Gordman's, Target, Sonic & Mardel's.
I came home by 4:45 and Scott and the girls had made me a green cake as a surprise! (A surprise Lydia told me about this morning before I left!:))
I love my life, my family & friends! I wouldn't trade those 32 years for anything!! I look forward to 32+ more years to enjoy my family & friends!
I hope that anyone reading this blog has a birthday as wonderful as mine!
"We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done."
Psalm 78:4