"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly & tell his disciples: 'He is risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you. So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid, yet filled with joy, and ran to tell the disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.
Matthew 28:5-9
Can you imagine what Mary Magdalene and the other Mary thought as they see this angel, sitting on the stone with clothes as white as snow, his appearance like lightning & the guards, like "dead men" probably laying on the ground?! Then the angel tells them that Jesus is risen!
As the women are running to tell the others, Mary Magdalene & the other Mary SEE JESUS!!!! WOW! That must have been the craziest and happiest day of their lives!
Only the ONE true God could conquer death!
Today is Easter Sunday or, some people call it, Resurrection Day. I really like that.
It's not about the Easter egg hunt or the Easter bunny, although that is fun! We love to have egg hunts and the Easter Bunny comes to our house, but we also love to look at our Resurrection Eggs and we talk about the REAL meaning of Easter; Jesus' resurrection from the dead!
I had a shirt that had some feet with a toe tag that read,
"I once was dead; I didn't like it"
That might have been a shirt Jesus would have chuckled at!:)
Jesus conquered death so I could be alive in Him! You have to "die to yourself" in order to live for Jesus!
God wants us to have eternal life in Him. To live forever & ever & ever & ever & ever & ever............ That will be so great!
I love knowing that I serve and have a relationship with the God who once was dead, but now, is ALIVE!!
Miracles happen! Believe in them!