My mom's father, my Grandpa Bob's birthday was September 1st. He is the only grandpa I've ever known since my dad's dad, my Grandpa Lex, passed away before I was born.
I've always had a special place in my heart for my Grandpa Bob. I cherish the time we spend together. I always kiss & hug him before we leave. Maybe it's because he is the only grandpa I have that I know how special that relationship is. I'm also the oldest grandchild....so of course I'm the favorite!:)
I'm so glad that my girls get a chance to know Grandpa Bob. We don't get to see my grandma & grandpa very much since we live a hour & 1/2 away & all their other grandchildren/great-grandchildren live in the same town.
I'm so glad that my girls get a chance to know Grandpa Bob. We don't get to see my grandma & grandpa very much since we live a hour & 1/2 away & all their other grandchildren/great-grandchildren live in the same town.
Grandpa says things like "Your girls don't really know me since we don't get to see you very much."...which in a way is true, but I talk to Lydia & Caraline about grandpa & grandma all the time.
We had planned a family get-together for Grandpa Bob's 85th birthday at the lake. Lydia fell asleep in the car on the way to the lake. She was sleepy & Grandpa "jokingly" held out his arms to her & she went & sat in his lap & snuggled. Grandpa said that made his day.
All the great-granddaughters made Grandpa a birthday shirt. We have 8 great-granddaughters & they all put their hand prints on the shirt & one of Grandma's hands made it 85 fingers. We added a ladybug to the collar to represent Angel Addyson.
We passed around a little scrapbook that everyone wrote a memory or something they loved about Grandpa.
I hope he felt the love of his family on his 85th birthday & everyday after!
We are blessed to have such a rich heritage!
"Rejoice in all the good things the Lord your God has given to you & your household." Deuteronomy 26:11