We got there at 9am to make a day of it. We ate lunch there and learned all kinds of things.
Caraline got really fussy & fell asleep at 1:30pm so I decided it was time to go. My friend Lisa and her girls were in a magic show. When I told Lydia we needed to go home, she started crying & ran away from me!! At first she just ran around in circles, but then she run under a display & out of my sight!! By the time I ran around the display box with Caraline in the stroller, I could not see Lydia!
It was 1:30pm & there were a lot of families & kids there. There were three different sections she could have ran to. All three were very big & fairly crowded. Something was holding me in the same place. Something told me to stay in the area that I lost sight of her because she would come back.
I didn't know what to do!! I was trying not to panic! My mind was racing with all the things I needed to do: do I find someone who worked there and ask them to page her, do I start screaming and get everyone's attention to help me look, do I ask someone if they saw a little blonde girl with little pigtails and glasses in a red shirt? I started calling her name REALLY LOUDLY, "LYDIA!!!" "LYDIA?!?!?!" I walked one way a few steps then turned back around & walked back to where I was, and then I saw Lydia come out from under a little table and smile I me.
I ran to her, bend down & tried not to cry!! I told her that scared mommy and someone not very nice could have taken her away & we wouldn't see her anymore.
Lydia said "Sorry mommy, I won't do that again."
I thanked God that nothing had happened to her & I found her in a short amount of time. That was the LONGEST 3 minutes of my life!!
I know God had angels watching that girl for me!!
"Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge." Psalm 16:1