Every parent wants to know if their child has friends. Every parent prays that their child has friends & knows HOW to be a friend. They want their child to be friendly & well liked.
Today when I picked Lydia up from school, she told me "Ashley said she doesn't like me."
She stated it. She didn't seem upset, she said it every "matter-of-factly".
At first I wanted to tell her teacher, but I thought "What was she going to do? These kids are 3 or 4 years old."
I asked her "What did you say when she said she didn't like you?" Lydia said "I said nothing."
I asked her if she was in her class & she said no, she was in a different class. My heart broke!!
I thought, "This is why I didn't want her in public school!! I wanted to protect her from that."
I cried a little, hoping she didn't see me. Then I said "Well, Ashley just doesn't know you. Once she got to know you, she would like you!" Lydia said "I just played with Annie."
I said, "There will be times that people say things that aren't nice, but you know someone who will always love you & like you..." She said "I know, GOD!" "And me, your dad, sister, your family," I added.
Lydia looked at me & said "I know, thanks for telling me, mom!"
I know that in reality, not everyone is going to like me, Scott, Lydia or Caraline, but God is ALWAYS going to love me & like me. What God thinks about me is more important anyway.
" There are 'friends' who destory each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother."
Proverbs 18:24