Wow, it's been awhile since I last blogged & I have a lot of catching up to do....
Christmas was great! We went to Woodward the weekend before Christmas to send the holiday with Scott's parents. Then we went on to Guymon where Sherry, Scott's sister, & her family live. We had not been to Guymon in years (we hadn't been there since before Lydia was born...& she is 4!) We got to see Sherry & Lawrence's new house (they lived there for 2 years) & had a nice visit. We were worried about the girls traveling, but they did great!
Christmas eve, my parents came over & watched the girls so Scott & I could go out to eat & see a movie. Tori came over for Christmas eve dinner. (Russ was gone.)
The girls opened their pj's & we left reindeer food outside & read Curious George, Merry Christmas.
The girls got all they asked Santa for! Lydia got a Little People castle, a clock, & a polar bear. Caraline got her own princess & horse to visit Lydia's castle & a magnadoodle.
Then we all went to Pawnee to Grandma & Grandpa's to play Dirty Santa. We had a wonderful time!
For new year's, we decided for the first time to have friends over. We had SO much fun!! We ate, the kids played so well together & we laughed! Our kids lasted until about 10pm. We all decided maybe next year we can make it to 10:30! It was great to start the new year with great friends!
I always LOVE January 1st! It seems like a fresh start, so full of possibilities!
Hope this year is as blessed as the past! Thank you God for blessing us last year & I pray you continue to bless us in 2009.
"You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance." Psalm 65:11