Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lydia Claire is FIVE!!











What?!?! Yes, my "baby" Lydia is five!! She is growing up TOO fast!!

She is in Pre-K at Peace Preschool in Ms. Teri's class. She was having some trouble with crying & not wanting to leave me lately. On her birthday, she brought snacks for the class. She walked in all by herself without a sniffle! She brought cupcakes & her class sang "happy Birthday" to her. (That was her favorite part of her day!) Ms. Teri said "Lydia, I'm so proud of you! You didn't cry today!" Lydia replied, "I know! I'm big! I'm five now!"

We celebrated by having a birthday party on Halloween with all her friends. It was a costume party! She had a pumpkin cupcake cake. She picked it out herself! (She wanted a pumpkin cake & wanted me to make it, but when she saw this cake at target, she decided on that one...THANK GOODNESS!)

Then on Sunday, we had a party with family at Nana's house. Nana made her a princess cake. Nana also got everyone wax lips!! Grandma & Grandpa were SO funny wearing their wax lips with zest!

That girl can swing by herself, go across the monkey bars on her own & likes to be places early.

She can act so grown up one minute & turn around a throw a fit the next! She likes to pick out her own clothes.

This year she got a "real" purple Bible for her birthday. She likes to read in Acts 16 about "Lydia".

At her birthday blessing at school, she stood up & said the fruits of the Spirit (Gal 5:22) in front of the WHOLE school! I was SO proud of her for doing that! She was pretty talkative up there & felt VERY special!
She is a sweet big sister to Caraline!

I can't wait to see what the next year brings for her!

I pray that God will open the eyes of her heart & she will accept Him. The Holy Spirit is working on her life & God has BIG plans for Lydia!


"It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us." 2 John 4