I haven't updated this blog since school started....we had some adjustments to make!!!
At first, our mornings were TERRIBLE!!! Girls were crying, I was losing my temper & screaming like a woman possessed!! There were struggles over getting out of bed, breakfast, clothes, brushing teeth & shoes!! There for a while I was parking & walking Lydia down the hall to her class.
But NOW things are MUCH smoother!! We get up with just a little fussing (usually Caraline), eat breakfast, get dressed & ready by 8:25am!:)
Lydia & I used to scream & cry over clothes & shoes every morning because I was picking them out!! NOW, she picks 2 outfits the night before for "approval" from me. Usually she changes her mind in the morning, but it's not bad.
We had some issues with the "twinkle toe" shoes because a girl in her class had REAL ones & Lydia's were from Payless. This girl made some comment & then Lydia didn't like them anymore. At first she told me they were too tight, but I figured it out then we saw this girl with her shoes & I said, "Look, she has shoes like yours!!" (Thinking that was a "good thing") But Lydia said, "My shoes aren't like hers." as to say, that girl's shoes are better then mine.
Then she tells me that this girl won't play with her. I reminded her that she has LOTS of other friends in her class to play with. She has been better since she went to her friend Mary's birthday party. She has more confidence now & has not said another thing about this other girl.
Lydia joined "Daisy's" which is the young division of Girl Scouts. She really likes it & has a real since of belonging to a group.
Caraline is LOVING Pre-school!! She has some good friends: Presley, Lainey & Katie. She LOVES Ms. Marsha! She comes home singing all kinds of cute songs that she gets wrong in some way or another!:) She likes to come home & tell us all about her day!
Here are some pictures of September & a few October.