Saturday, October 6, 2007

God answers prayers....even "poopy" ones!

God answers my most interesting prayers in the most perfect time!

Our precious Caraline is sick and teething and not sleeping at night, which means we aren't sleeping at night. Yesterday, she decided she was up for the day at 6am. I was SO tired! I tried rocking her, bouncing her, pacing the floor, feeding her, but she kept crying & fussing.
While, at 7am, Lydia decided it was time to get up. I just started crying! I was exhausted and couldn't handle both of them up so early. I walked...ok, dragged Lydia back to bed and we were both crying at this point. I kept telling her that I loved her, but it was still time to sleep. She stayed in her room.
I put Caraline in the swing and laid on the couch. After 2 hours of crying, Caraline finally went to sleep about 8:15am. I got her out of the swing to put her in bed, but she woke up again. We went to check on Lydia about 8:30 and she was just sitting on her bed and said, "Is it time to get up mom?"

Lydia decided she needed to go potty.

(She has been potty trained in peepee for a while but she will bring us a pullup and say " I need to poopoo in my pullup, mom." But will not poop in the potty!
I had prayed the night before that God would help her poop in the potty.)

She went to the "big" potty and said, "Go, mom." and I heard her push and the "PLOP" of the poop in the potty!! She yells, "Mom, I pooped in the potty!" I was SO excited that I screamed "YES!!" and hugged her SO tight! Then I started crying because I knew God had answered my prayer on what seemed to be the WORST morning ever!

It turned out to be a great day!

So God answers prayers...even ones about poop, so don't you think He can answer YOUR prayers?