Some people are just friends when they see you on a regular basis & then it's like "out of sight, out of mind". Some friends are friends with you rather they see you every week or once a year.
I guess I need to learn the difference. I always feel stupid when I try to carry on a friendship with someone who is "over me".
That is a lot of the reason some people think I'm "snob-ish". I will remember EVERY ONE but I won't act like it in fear that someone won't remember me or wouldn't care to get to know me better.
In order to have good friendships, you have to learn how to be a friend & that means thinking about someone other than yourself. Caring about someone else's feelings, marriage, kids, showing interest in them, not just what you can get from the friendship.
I hope I can teach my girls how to be a good friend by using Jesus as a model. Jesus was a friend to the "unlikeable", the tax collectors, the sick, the lepers. He showed them love & compassion & cared for them, even if they just came to him for what He could do for them, selfish reasons.
People and friendships are not prefect, but Jesus friendship is complete & eternal!
"There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24