Thursday, February 4, 2010

Three year old terror?!


That Caraline is such a character!! She is SO onry!!! She is SO different from Lydia!! Lydia wants to be safe & gets nervous easily. Caraline has NO FEAR!!


Recently, she ran out of the doors of the library & almost into the street! The same day she darted under the garage door a started running up the driveway!


The other day, Lydia came in the kitchen & said, "Mom, you better go see what Caraline is doing.." Oh no!! I walked in, Caraline was topless, standing on her nightstand & saying "Me the king, me the king!" Then she says "Watch me!" & jumps off the nightstand & immediately takes off her pants & stands there NAKED!! She gets back on the nightstand & starts singing "Jesus loves me!" (Yes, I got most of it on video!:))


I think this girl is VERY intelligent & creative, but is a mess! (and maybe a little bored.) She learns things the hard way!


Today I told the girls as we went to the library that they had to stay right by me, no running since last time we went to the library, Caraline ran all over the place! I also told them that if they didn't stay by me, we would get what we had at the time & promptly leave. In the first 3 minutes, Caraline ran around & I couldn't catch her unless I ran too!! I was very upset! I took her to the corner, spanker her & told her she couldn't walk by herself anymore, that I was going to have to hold her & we were leaving.

She started crying & wanted to help me check out the 5 books we got (we normally get about 20-25 books at a time..5 is NOTHING!) I repeatedly told her NO & sat her on the floor beside me!

I hated that it seemed like everyone was looking at me thinking that I'm a terrible mother, but I felt good that I stuck to my word about running & leaving. I felt bad for Lydia because she was great, but she understood.


There is a reason she is the second & last child!! And I LOVE HER!!