Sunday, February 21, 2010

Clean up your heart!





Lydia & I had an interesting conversation about sin the other morning. I want her to understand that everyone sins & needs a Savior. Sometimes at age five, sin is a difficult concept to comprehend. She thinks she doesn't sin because she acts good at school & doesn't get in trouble like some other kids. So as we talked, a light came on...a dim light, but a light.






She said she remembered when in Sunday school, they put mud on a heart & that was sin & then they cleaned it off & that was God "cleaning their heart" from sin. WOW!! That's a cool illustration! I need to remember that for Caraline!






A few days later, Scott & I were having a heated dicussion about something & the girls were in the room. Lydia does not like to hear us disagree & always tells us to "stop fighting". But that day she walked up to us & said "Clean up your heart!"






You can't argue with that!






"Create in me a clean heart, oh Lord, my God & renew a right spirit within me"

a verse from a song called "Create in me a Clean Heart"