Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blazing Sun 5K run






July 9th, Tori & I signed up to do our first 5K. I found out about it from my friend Shannon, who's husband is in the army. Tori bought me a month's membership at her gym so we could "train" together. We trained on the treadmill.
The day before, the girls made signs for us with Nana!! They were so excited to hold their signs at the race!
On the day of the 5K, Paige Redwine, Tori, & I ran together. Shannon was going to run, but she had broken her toe a few days before & decided to sit it out.

Tori, Paige & I ran the whole time! We didn't run fast, but we stayed together & it was like motivation! Tori & I ran in together! We finished the 3.2 miles in 37 minutes & 20 seconds!! We came in 94th & 95th! We were pretty proud of ourselves!