Caraline, on a cloudy day: "I think the sun ran out of batteries!"
Caraline, age 2, about a friend's dog named 'Baker': "What is Dawson's dog name? Cooker?"
Me: "Wow! Very close, but it's 'Baker'".
Caraline: "Oh sorry, I got a little carried away."
Caraline stole some candy at Walmart. I made her return it & she was mad that I didn't tell her she could have it. "You should have said yes!" she yells! I said, "Did you hear that little voice that said 'Don't do that?'" She nodded. I said "I know you knew it was wrong, because you were hiding it. You didn't listen to God." Caraline: "Like Jonah? He said no to God, ran away, said 'throw me in the ocean', then he saw a whale...the whale swallowed him & he prayed!" Me: "Yes, like Jonah."
Very interesting connection!
Caraline, who has trouble saying her /s/ sound, was telling a scary story says: " One time there was a 'pooky' house...." Me, trying not to laugh: "What kind of a house?!" Caraline: "A 'pooky' house!" We started laughing & she was NOT happy!
Lydia, with tears in her eyes: "Mom, for my next birthday, I want you to hold me forever!" That brought a tear to my eye! That next birthday would be her 7th!!
Lydia, about Judas: "Is Judas dead?" Me: "Yes." Lydia: "I bet his sins can see his bones!" I'm not sure what that means, but I guess that means he died with his sins deep in his bones, rotting his bones!
Both my girls always talk about God & I LOVE that!!
I'm sure that there are MANY more things that they have said that I can't remember & thought I would never forget....I need to be better about recording those things!