
WOW!!! We are so excited that Lydia has accepted Christ as her Lord & Savior at a young age!!
It all started on Monday...
Lydia & Caraline were jumping on Lydia's bed & for some reason, Lydia bit Caraline's hand. Caraline started crying so Scott ran in to check on her.
He asked Lydia what happened. She said that Caraline fell & hit the wall, but that wasn't true. The truth finally came out & Scott was upset Lydia lied. So he told her to stay in her room, he was going to come back to spank her for lying.
Scott shut her door & I heard her talking to herself, "Why did I do that?! Why did I lie!?! Why does God make me lie!!?? I'm mad at God!"
Scott walked in her room & she asked, "Why does God make me do bad things?" He said, "That is a question for your mother!" I was ready!! (Or God equipted me with the words!)
She asked me the same question. I asked her, "If we never sinned, would we need God?" She said "No" We talked about how God can't look at sin & Jesus died on the cross for her sins & he took her place when she should have been punished for those sins.
She looked at me & said, "I want to be a Christian." I said, "Do you know what to do?" She shook her head. I said, "All you have to do is pray a prayer that you believe in Jesus & that you believe that he died on the cross for your sins & rose again!"
Lydia & I prayed that prayer & she hugged me & started yelling, "I'm a Christian!! I'm a Christian!!" She was BEAMING!! She was dancing & so excited!
She was hugging me & Caraline, she called Nana & told her & called daddy to tell him!
She was on cloud nine! She told her teacher, she even told the lady at the dr office!! She was really proclaiming it to everyone & anyone!!
We celebrated by having a pizza picnic!
What a sweet experience!! She is so excited & we are so proud!! I pray that we can nurture that relationship with the Lord.
God is GOOD!!
"For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord & believe in your heart that God raise Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
"We are made right in God's sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done." Romans 3:22