This year we got our own version of "Elf on the shelf". His name is Sandy Joy & the girls LOVE him. He's not as onry as some, but it is fun to see where he is very morning.
I sent out 100 Christmas cards this year!! ONE HUNDRED!!! I spent about $100 on them! (card & postage) So next year, many people are getting a card via email or facebook!
Buying Christmas gifts for the girls has been a little challenging this year. They really don't want or need ANYTHING!! One day I asked Lydia what she wanted for Christmas & she said, "Mom, just wrap up some toys I haven't seen in a while. That's fine with me!".....a few weeks later, I asked the same question & she said "I don't know, I don't need anything." She is SO right!!
I think next year we are going with a new motto for Christmas: "Something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read" It sure would simplify Christmas & we wouldn't just be buying stuff to open & put in the closet to never play with again!