Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Christmas stomach bug of 2011!

What a holiday!!!

Many things were different this Christmas. With my sister in Florida this year, my parents went to see them in Jasksonville. So we had our Christmas with mom & dad a week early. We had noticed that Caraline hadn't been eating much the last few days (really about a week) & at mom's she said her stomach hurt & didn't want to eat dinner.
Caraline ate nothing but a cookie on Monday at her winter party & by Monday night, she threw up! (She likes to be sick in the middle of the night)
Tuesday, I was down for the count! Scott came home because I slept all day & was throwing up! The girls both went to school on Tuesday, but by Tuesday night, Lydia was throwing up too! (all night long!)
Wednesday we watched TV ALL day long (from 8am to 8pm) but Scott was soon home from work about 1pm & went straight to bed!!
No one was hungry so we had a lot of cereal & saltine crackers for lunch & dinner that week. We would feel ok, but by 3 or 4 in the afternoon, we would all start feeling tired & run down.
Thursday came & I needed to go to Walmart for the weekly grocery shopping. We ran errands, went to the library & were feeling ok.
Friday, Scott took the girls to the Omniplex & I stayed home not feeling good again.
Saturday, Christmas Eve, we thought we would all be over this nasty bug. But poor Lydia wasn't feeling good as we pulled into the church parking lot for Christmas Eve services. Scott decided to stay with Lydia in the gathering while Caraline & I went into the worship center. Lydia was really gassy all evening long.
Then about 9pm, we heard a window rattling burp & she threw up everywhere! It was so smelly, I was gagging!
So we didn't go to Woodward to see Mimi on Christmas like we had hoped. Lydia was feeling just fine today, but we were afraid of a repeat of last night.
So it was just the four of us for Christmas at home........