
You know those books, "If you give a Mouse a Cookie" or "If you give a pig a pancake"? Well, I've made up a version of my own called "If you give Caraline a Penny" Everytime she sees ANY money laying around, she MUST go put it in her piggy bank. She is easily distracted!
So enjoy:
If you give Caraline a Penny
If you give Caraline a Penny,
She'll want to go put it in her piggy bank
Her piggy bank will remind her that she had a picture of a pig to color.
She will run to the kitchen table to color her pig picture & she'll get hungry.
She'll ask you for a snack.
You will make her some toast. She will want to help you.
So you tell her she can get out the butter.
The butter will remind her that last week at Girl Scouts, she learned to make butter.
She'll want to make her own butter from scratch like they used to in the old days.
Thinking of the old days, she'll talk about Grandpa & Grandma & want to go see them.
So you take her to Grandpa & Grandma's farm.
While on Grandpa & Grandma's farm, she'll see cows. But no pigs.
So she will wonder why Grandma & Grandpa don't have pigs on their farm.
So she'll run in the house to ask them.
As she runs in, she sees some pennies on the kitchen table & thinking about pigs & pennies, she'll think about her piggy bank!
She'll pick up the pennies & want to put them in her piggy bank!
I made this story up "on the fly" to Caraline & I've never heard a more genuine laugh come out of her I as I did when she heard that story!!
I promised her I would write it down.
Now I have to think of one about Lydia......